I apologize....I have been absent the past few weeks. We have been busy (shocking) but seriously, busier than usual.....Then daylight savings time came and sucked the life out of me. Why is it so hard?? An hour more of sleep my ass.
Anywhoo....We have been so busy working on my parents house---cleaning, de-junking, painting and getting it ready to put on the market. They have lived there for 33 years so you can imagine all the treasures we have found.....Everyday, people ask me If i am sad that they are moving....The answer is not really...but I am confused about why I am not upset. I should be, right? I mean, they built the house and that is where my sister and I grew up. I snuck out the window at that house in 9th grade, In 10th grade my friends and I broke into my parents liquor cabinet. (when they figured it out they refilled the bottles with milk---the moral of this story is another conversation all together) I broke up with my first boyfriend and cried and cried and cried while my dad consoled me in the basement. I tricked my sister into sitting on my feet and I flung her across the room making the dent in the basement woodwork. I drew pretty pictures with lipstick and crayons on the walls for my mom when I was 3.
My point is, we know that house inside and out and every mark on the wall or hand print in the concrete is from us. However, I have not been emotional about them leaving it. Maybe it is because we have been so busy working to get it all ready to sell and I haven't let anything process yet. Hmmmm......shocking because if you know me you would think I would be an emotional mess right now. For God's sake I cried at the episode of Glee last night. RIDICULOUS!
Really, I think it is because the majority of the memories I have growing up are IN the house, not OF the house--And I have some pretty awesome stories.
I think the real reason I haven't been upset about this is I love, love, love how excited my parents are about building another house. A bigger, better, more functional-for-them house. Actually, the last time they were THIS excited about anything it was the day Karley was born.
So, please Pray for a quick sell.....so they can move on to their next adventure.
Halloween was great. Busy and fast but I had a little vampire princess who was determined to hit up every house in the neighborhood and a super cool daddy who was willing to take her. (it was cold!) I went to a couple houses but then bailed as quick as I could to come back to the house and eat some yumm-o potato soup and gossip with my cousins.
What else is new?? hmmm... One of my best friends is pregnant with her 4th child and I am so excited for her I can hardly see straight. In fact, she finds out what she is having this weekend! I am guessing boy. Can't wait to find out!!!
Karley is still loving dance and school. I am still working 4 jobs (BOO!) and volunteering at the school as much as I can and Todd is still stuck---er---working in Lawrence. Same old, same old.
Happy November. I promise I will be better about posting this month. Could someone please tell Todd I need a new camera to replace my stolen one???? I need to get some photos up on this page yo!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment