Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letter to Karley

Karley-Girl,
Today is the Last day of school. I am so excited for summer but get a little sad when I think of how fast this year went by. I took you to school this morning and when I drove off I had a good cry because we have had such a great year. Great teacher, great class, great everything. I do this every year!! When you started and ended preschool I drove off crying. When you started and ended kindergarten I drove off crying. It should be no surprise that today the same thing happened. I keep thinking about the conversation that Papa and I had at our weddings. He said it was the most emotional day of his life because he sat in the church waiting to begin and kept flashing back to all of the memories of Aunt Jamie and I growing up. I didn't understand then but I completely understand now that feeling and just how fast time goes by.
I want you to know how proud i am of you this year.
I was just thinking this morning about all you accomplished in first grade.
Here are just a few things:
--you grew in every possible way.
--You developed strong opinions of your own.
--You led, instead of followed.
--You served others.
--You were a good friend to everyone.
--You excelled at school.
--You thought of people’s feelings before you acted.
--You have such amazing confidence and innocence.
This list, along with the many, many other amazing things you do on a daily basis is the reason I was so emotional today. You made me so proud.
I am so in awe of the person you are, and that you are becoming.
Every day without fail, you do something that blows me away.
Every day, I smile because i get to watch you show kindness to other people. Every day I still get one of your hugs and I love you's.
It's the last day of first grade and before we know it you will be headed off to 2nd grade. You will see me waving to the bus with tears in my eyes.

Happy Last Day of 1st Grade! This summer is going to be so much fun!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. ya know how i started crying in the hotel when we were watching that girl have a baby? you just did it to me...

    ReplyDelete