Monday, October 5, 2009

Influenza A

Karley has been sick since last Thursday. It started with a fever and a small cough. It grew quickly into a high fever (103) and a nasty cough......Todd came down with the same crap on Sunday and it knocked him flat. He did not remove himself from bed the entire day. If you know Todd, this is a big deal....he is NEVER sick.
Today i woke up and called the doctor for both of them. Todd had an appt first and Karley was 2nd. Karley tested positive for Influenza A.....aka. H1N1.
Todd has the same thing. SUPER!
Today they have been sleeping all day and I have been going through the BLEACH. If they touch something, I bleach it. The sheets have been changed and washed 2 different times today and my house smells like a hospital. I have also spent the majority of the day outside just to stay away.
Karley's doctor told me to keep her out atleast another day. She must be fever free for 24 hours (doy!) and even if her fever were gone I wouldn't feel comfortable sending her with this cough.
Todd will (hopefully) go back tomorrow since his office is in need of some help and he doesn't want to leave Joel to do ALL the work......(that's another story!)
Okay....gotta go. I can hear them waking up and I need to get the sheets changed again. The bright side of all of this is we have our vacation planned for 3 weeks from today and I am sooooooo glad it didn't happen then!!!!!!
I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment