Today was the worst. day. ever......
Okay, so I am being a bit dramatic but it still sucked.
I should have know it would be judging by the simple fact that I didn't sleep well last night. I also should have known when I got out of bed this morning to find a sick kid in bed with us. Wouldn't you know that she had ALL WEEK off last week and on the day they were to go back from Spring break she has another fever. For a split second I though about sending her knowing that the nurse would call me to come and get her about mid-day. (isn't that awful!) I now wish I would have skipped the horrible day at work and stayed home with her.
Todd ended up taking the day off and sleeping in with Karley. I do think he enjoyed it---just the two of them relaxing. I called him to check in on Karley and give him updates on my day and he was very supportive. I don't want to go into details on what happened those of you who know me can probably guess what happened. Let's just say it involved a lot of yelling, spinning and throwing and I cried. Enough said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spring break started off with a bang....Karley spent 2 days at my moms (while I was working) and I literally had to pry her out of my mom's house she was having so much fun. On Wednesday night we left for Kansas City. Our plans were to go to the Coco Cay indoor water park and we let Karley take along Ameila (the neighborhood friend) so she could have someone there to play with. We made it down there with no problems, got settled in at Jamie's and in the morning I woke the girls up. We headed off to our destination and about half way there Ameila starts crying in the back of the car telling me she doesn't feel so good. We had about 5 minutes from that and she was throwing up all over the place. ICK!!!
I called her mom and had her meet us at Legends shopping center to pick her up which was a good idea since she threw up the whole way home also! FANTASTIC!
We still wanted to do something fun with Karley so we took her to build a bear and let her pick our her very own high school musical bear complete with the outfit and all. Later that night we headed back to Jamie's where we hung out playing and watching basketball. Aside from the car vomiting incident, it was a really nice break.
On the way home on Saturday night, Karley came down with a fever and she fell asleep on the ride home. I should have known then!!!!
So, as of right now, Karley has a fever of 101.5 so she will spend another day at home but this time it will be with me. Oh what her teacher must think!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I took Karley outside tonight so she could let the wind try and blow her over....it's just a little game I came up with to try and get some fresh air into her system. The neighbor kids came down to play for about 10 minutes. I hear they are calling for some pretty nasty storms tonight.....I will beleive it when I see it! The sky does look pretty cool though!
Is this not the coolest shirt you have ever seen? It says "smart girls rock" I bought them at libby lu before they went out of business. They did have some pretty cute things there! Alright...that's enough for tonight! I am off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment