We are almost done with the bathroom in the basement. All that's left is the shelves for the built in cabinet, painting the ceiling and putting on the door. I am pretty sure I will have to get a picture or two for the wall as well.....
As you can see, I was brave and went with yellow. I have had a few mishaps with the color and painting in the past but decided to give it one more try and I am pretty happy with the outcome.
The next step is finishing the paint in the bedroom and getting the trim and woodwork up in there. Here is a photo of the blue I went with. I am hoping that the ceiling will be in soon so we can install the ceiling fan and carpet.
The main area is still a huge mess and we still have quite a bit left but hopefully it will go quick. We painted the walls tan and still have the ceiling and a little sheet rocking left to do. The trim and flooring will come later because we haven't decided what we want to do yet. I do know that I want to set up a scrapbook area in the back corner so I can get back to doing that. I have been checking out storage units to get everything organized so all I will have to do is go down there and get to work. Now, it is kind of a mess because i have to drag everything out (which takes a long time) and then decide what i have, etc. Todd wants to put in a bar and back bar at some point in time and we bought a fireplace this past week for downstairs too. SO, here is a photo of where the scrapbook area/ bar area will be. I am trying to decide if i want to put laminate, tile, carpet or just paint the concrete. So many decisions!
Here is the area that the "Living" room will be. The fireplace, TV and sectional will be here, someday! Again, I am not sure about the flooring in here. I think we will either do the laminate or carpet.
Now I am on a mission to get ready to have a garage sale. I have a storage room full of junk that I need to get rid of so I can get it all organized. I am thinking that when all of this is done Todd and I are going to have a big party to celebrate!
Enjoy your week!
Wow! Everything looks awesome! The yellow is inspirational and the blue is calming. You can't go wrong with a khaki-tan so once again, you're rocked the space! =) My kitchen is that yellow color...it used to be blue & yellow (which sunflower wallpaper) before I moved it. Then I removed all the paper and now it's just yellow & white. I love it...it's so bright & cheery.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the party. Hee hee.