Sunday, February 15, 2009

Basketball game

Yesterday we went to the KU/KSU basketball game in Manhattan. It was a blast (despite the outcome) KSU played really well the first half and for a split second I thought that they might pull it off! No such luck. My daughter cheered nonstop for KSU until KU pulled ahead and then she changed her mind and began cheering for KU. I had to laugh at that just because it drove her daddy crazy.
Below is a photo of karley, papa and todd entering the game. We got there early so we could watch the team warm up.
This next photo might not mean a lot to anyone but I thought Todd was going to jump out of his seat when he saw this guy. It is Bill Walker who is a former KSU player and now plays for Boston in the NBA. I was going to see if he would take a picture with karley but I couldn't get down to the court so we just sat and stared at him......todd was excited.

Karley was cheering the whole game. It was so cute.

Here is a funny story. Our seats were pretty good and the crowd surrounding us was funny and everyone was friendly however, as my luck ALWAYS goes, the lady in front of me stood the ENTIRE first half.....didn't even sit for time-outs. I was so frustrated that I decided to take a picture of my view. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but the entire crowd on this side was sitting for the majority of the game. The guy next to todd was getting even more pissed off at her than I was and kept yelling at her to sit down. She would respond: "I paid for these tickets so I can stand If i want to" I think she finally took the hint because during the second half she parked her butt in the chair. The weirdest thing was that one of the guys she was with looked identical to the husband of the girl I went to high school with (that just passed away a month ago). In fact, I almost asked him what his name was but decided not to because if it was him I wouldn't know what to say. Weird.

Anyways, her was my view. HA!

We did make some progress on the basement but my battery is dead in my camera so I will have to post about that later. The paint is on the walls and the bathroom is almost done. Todd is on his way to buy a door and some trim for the bathroom right now.....I am so excited!

Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. NOW I understand why Karley's answer to who she likes better is always: 'both.' She wants to cheer for whoever is winning. =) That's good news for us Jayhawks because I'm thinking the records would show that we have more Ws than Ls. Looks like you guys had a good time. Glad I wasn't there...I would've been so sick (as it was, I was extrememly uptight and felt sick to my stomach). Thanks for sharing.

    p.s. nice view you had. Jerks!

    ReplyDelete