Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend Update

Today was such a beautiful day that we decided to play outside.....Karley also learned how to ride a bike without training wheels (kind of) This is the first time this year she has tried and she is a lot less timid than she was last year.



This morning we woke up and took Karley to her cheer pictures. Below is her squad and coach. I can not tell you how much she LOVES cheerleading. She wakes up most mornings and asks if she gets to cheer at a game today. Needless to say, we have NO problem waking her up on Saturday mornings.

Today was a very big day though. The girls have been working on a dance routine for the past 2 weeks and today they were able to perform it at half time. These pictures don't do it justice. It was quite possibly one of the most adorable things I have seen in my life. I was in charge of pointing to the girls to let them know when it was their time to go so that is why you see the back of my big 'ol head in a picture or two.....

This last photo for today is of Karley and the neighbor girl, Allie. Don't let their smiles fool you though~~ They can fight like a couple of teenagers! Allie's mom, again, came to my rescue the other night by taking Karley off our hands so we could get a little more work in the basement done before the sheetrocker came in. They kept her for a couple of hours and even fed her...I am so thankful for them....she always seems to know when I am in a bind!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Karley is having some friends spend the night and I have to go get these kids to bed! Stay tuned for another basement update soon!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the cheerleading pics! Wish I could have seen the 1/2 time show! What a sweetie pie. I have to say...I'm going to be really nervous when they throw her into the sky for a basket toss or whatever. You know she'll be the 'flyer' because she's so a) petite and b) bendy. :)

    I think I was 12 yo when I learned to ride my bike w/o training wheels. Seriously! I was terrified of falling.

    ReplyDelete