Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

We are off to a great start! On my birthday, Karley and I were leaving the house to meet a friend for lunch and when we went out to the car by battery was dead. Goodbye $75 bucks! We hopped in Todd's truck and went to lunch anyways! While we were gone, Todd got it jumped and thought it would be okay so he finished up the hardwood floors and began drawing out his next project, the basement.
When we got home we hung out for a while and then it was off to meet my family for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We, again, got in the car and it was dead again. So, now we all 3 piled into the truck which is never comfortable.
After dinner we came back out to our house to open presents, have desert and play games. It was a nice, relaxing new years eve.
On New years day we woke up and made cinnamon rolls. Karley had the neighbor kids over to play and I logged on to my friend, Megan's blog. She is the one that I mentioned earlier who had cancer. She is not doing well and I am so incredibly sad for her family. I hear they are keeping her comfortable with morphine and her parents and husband are updating the blog. I can't imagine the pain that they are going through. My heart just aches for them.

1 comment:

  1. I know just the heartache you refer to. I also know the feeling of watching & letting go of a loved one as they slowly slip away from this earth. {hugs}

    But I will end on a positive note: it sounds like you had some yummy food on your birthday & that you were able to bring in the New Year with some of the best people around! xox

    ReplyDelete