Monday, December 29, 2008

The best early birthday present yet!

All day today we have been laying hardwood floors. This is my birthday present from Todd and I know he wanted to get it done while he had some time off (and before my birthday). He had my dad come out on Saturday night and help him get started. They got off to a SLOW start and at 11pm about half of the dining room was done. Todd and I got up at 8am to begin today and we worked (with the help of several good friends) until about 11pm tonight.



There is just a small section by the front windows that need to be done and all of the connecting pieces around the doors and fireplace need to be done also. I am super happy with what it looks like already....it is such a great change. I was so sick of cleaning that carpet! I can't believe how much the look of the room changed. It's like a whole new house! I am thrilled!
Here are the pictures I took tonight after we sort of cleaned up. I will post the finished product as soon as we finish. Isn't it beautiful????

I am already planning my next project. I am going to (re-)paint the front room. Not the blue wall---I love it. I will be repainting the rest of the walls a shade darker of brown.....I think Todd will be thrilled to hear this! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment