Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Visit to the Doctor this morning....

Karley was still complaining about a "sore neck" last night so I decided to hold her out of school (again), suck it up and take her to the doctor.
Usually, we go to the doctor and they charge us $85 to tell us to go home and sleep it off.
Today, however, was different. I took her in at 9am for a throat culture and the nurse said it would be 5-7 minutes for the results.
We went to the waiting room to wait. Not 2 minutes passed and she called us back into the room to tell us she does, indeed have strep throat and she knows it is bad because the reading came back immediately.
HOW HORRIBLE DID I FEEL?
She has been complaining about a "sore neck" since Saturday and I just blew it off. So, we have strep throat, the flu and diarrhea which I am sure, is now more than anyone cared to know.
They put her on a round of antibiotics that she will be on for 10 days and can't go to school for 24 hours which means that she will not only be out today but tomorrow also. Poor baby!
Now, we are laying in bed watching The Muppet's Christmas. I am enjoying the fact that she is wanting to cuddle with me---this is something that doesn't happen often from a very active 5 year old. So, I have put my cleaning (or obsessive disinfecting) on hold just to hang with my sick daughter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We were kind of hoping for snow today.
Karley is still naive enough to believe that whatever the weatherman says is true. I told her this morning that it is no longer going to snow and stick like the 1 1/2 inches that they promised us yesterday. She asked why they lie so much. LOL
We decided that from now on whatever the silly weatherman says, we will just assume the opposite.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment