Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Relaxing Christmas

It's hard to believe that this year has gone so fast. I will be 31 this week and that is even harder to believe! We had a great Christmas. I will attempt to tell the story in photos---so here goes....


The first picture above is of our sweet little Sophie. As you can see, she is thrilled about the hat. She is our timid and relaxed dog....such a sweetie. Picture #2 is of Sophie and Lola together. Lola is my sister's dog and such a funny little thing. I believe the reason she looks so ornery in this picture is because she had just peed on the floor and suffered a beating from my sister.


Karley had a few "must have" items on her Christmas List this year. One of them was a hair studio equipped with all of the bells and whistles of a working mirror, hair coloring station , drying chair, hair dryer and curling iron. She now has her very own station set upstairs so if anyone needs a new hair-do let us know. She is cheap. I forgot to mention that she also got a TON of makeup so she is doing a 2 for 1 with her hair studio and makeup studio. It is quite the sight.

My parents were the first suckers.....I mean clients of Karley.


Along with the hair studio she was asking for an American girl doll. To keep up with the tradition of being totally spoiled, she got 2 new ones. (the baby one was from last Christmas) She also got 5+ outfits for each so we have been changing their clothes every hour for the past few days.

After opening presents, and taking GG home, we put our PJ's on and set out cookies for Santa. We also tracked him online which was an amazing thing because we saw that he was in Nebraska and Karley ran to the bedroom saying:

"I better get to bed!!"

So, as you can see below, Santa got a little carried away. Yes, all of this is for ONE child. :)


We woke up on Christmas morning and went to the Fireplace to check out the loot that Santa brought. He was definitely good to us! After doing this we fixed breakfast and Karley was on to her next client, Aunt Jamie. She got the full makeover that included hair, glitter and makeup.


We decided to stay in our PJ's ALL DAY (heaven!) and watch movies, play the new wii games, etc. Below is a few photos of Karley beating the junk out of us at her new game---AKA the wii fit for kids. What a blast. We also got Mario Cart which Karley is a pro at too. I have decided that kids are born with a gene that makes them good at these sort of things. I am horrible and get last place almost every time. LOL

.


So, now we are gearing up for the New Year. We went out the day after Christmas and bought a new flat screen TV, dishwasher and some hardwood floors. (my debit card got a workout.) Todd and I put in the TV and the dishwasher in last night---we were up until 3am!! So, tonight it is Hardwood floor night. I am typing this while my dad and Todd are tearing up the molding and trying to figure out how to lay this stuff. Karley has her I-pod in because she can't stand the noise!

I just ordered out pizza tonight because I literally can't get to my oven (oh damn). I better go pay this guy feed these boys.

Have a great new year!

1 comment: