Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

Happy (Late) Thanksgiving!! We had a busy 4 days off for the Holiday. It was a lot of car riding in a 24 hour period but that's how we roll. :)
We had big plans to take off for the big ol town of Belle Plaine on Wednesday evening after TZ got off work......but he didn't get off as early as planned and we just decided to grab something to eat and head out the next morning.
Thanksgiving morning we got up and headed out super early so we could make it to Zimm Thanksgiving at Todd's parents. This year it was a small crowd of only 35ish people instead of 1345 people......okay...joking but not ALL of the family was there and you actually had a little room to move around the house. It was nice.
After lunch we headed into Wellington to see Sunni and meet Baby Gage! (Curt was working so we missed him) but i can not put into words how cute and sweet this little guy is. We had so much fun visiting with you and your family Sunni! Love Gage, Love you. Thanks for letting us crash your party.
We left Wellington and headed back to Topeka around 10ish and had no traffic on the way home. When we pulled into Topeka we drove by Toys R Us and Target to see the line of people waiting to get into the stores. WOW! I had no problem getting into my bed and not thinking twice about standing in that line. No discounted i-pod touch is worth that line to me!
We slept in a bit on Friday morning but got up and headed out to target around 10am. Now, for all of you who actually stood in that long line the night before, please don't hate me for this but I walked into target and got everything I would have gone for at 10am. I just followed the restocking card out of the storage room and didn't have to push or shove anyone to get my things. It was amazing. After Target we hit up Kohl's where, again, I found everything I was looking for. It was a lucky day for me i guess!! I know people have a lot of fun shopping on Black Friday at the butt crack of dawn but I have to tell you that this is the 2nd year I have gone out later (than 3am) and had no trouble finding things I was looking for. Some of these people are funny though. There were groups with shirts made just for black Friday shopping. I even saw a group of ladies with "Black Friday Beauties" and they were all wearing a red glove on one hand. Why? I still don't know. It made me laugh though!
Friday afternoon was for relaxing and trying out our new AWESOME coffee pot. We bought the Keurig machine and several flavors of yumm-o coffee, teas and hot cocoas. Thanks Sunni for the recommendation. I LOVE IT!
Saturday Todd had to go into work at 7 to fix a problem.....ugh. but when he got home we had Thanksgiving with my parents here at our house followed by a lot of Rock Band and Super Mario playing on the Wii. I love relaxing and just spending time with family.
So, here we are. Sunday night. Back to school and work tomorrow as we begin the countdown until Christmas Break. I can't believe how fast this year has gone! I have so much to be thankful for!!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your families!
Have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great Thanksgiving, indeed. And a wonderful treat to get to spend some time with you guys on Thanksgiving night! Thanks for making the trip and taking the detour...I've really been missing you guys!

    p.s. Enjoy the Keurig! (did you get a good deal?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the adorable outfit - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure we got a great deal but we sure love it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete