Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!!!!!!!

I knew I was kidding myself when I said that things would slow down this summer. School is out but we are still as busy. I love having my Karley bug with me though. No complaints here!
Last weekend we had some friends over to hang out and let the kids play. It was a fun day/evening. We needed that!
Sunday Karley, Heather, Mia, Macie and I went to the beach at Lake Shawnee. Here are some pictures from the day.
Karley and Mia digging in the sand.


Little Miss Karley Bug. She loves the sun and sand. This trip she loved the water slides the most.
So, Friday July 23rd we are having her birthday party at this beach. You can rent the whole beach for a private party and invite a crap load of people so that is what we are doing. It will be from 7-9 pm. Everyone is welcome!



On Monday, Karley got up early to head to Vacation Bible School. She had a blast!!! She was singing all kinds of new songs and couldn't wait to go back. I love this. I love that it is free and she has friends to play with and I get a couple hour break to do the bookwork at the store without having to line out a babysitter.
When she got home we met up with Amanda and went to lunch. Here is Karley and Amanda being lazy on the couch watching Tom and Jerry. Thanks for coming to visit Amanda!!!


In the afternoon we went to the vets office to pick up Mr. Max. He had his big surgery today and wasn't feeling so hot when we picked him up. He looks so sad in this picture!!! Today he is fully recovered and back to puppy mode.

Today we got up again for VBS and I ran to the store to do the bookwork again. In the afternoon Miss Bug had a ortho appt. (GASP!) It took all afternoon and they have some pretty awesome x-ray machines where we could see all kinds of crazy things! She was amazed and I sensed something expensive coming my way.
This Thursday we are going back to get molds made for retainers. Yes, she is 6 and will be wearing retainers. Total cost? $3000. Wait until I tell TZ. He will be so thrilled! (laughing!!)
So, with this treatment, we are hoping to avoid braces all together. Miss Bug has some pretty awesome teeth but they are a little crowded (thanks daddy!) and with early treatment we can (fingers crossed) avoid braces. This option is painless and will last about 9 months. Not to bad. The bonus is that since I work for SCK I get a bit of a discount. :) WOO HOO!
Enjoy the rest of your week. We are continuing on with the busy one! Tomorrow and Thursday VBS and a boat load of errands. Friday we have some friends coming over to play and then off to the lake to do some camping with the Osiers for the weekend. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment