Sunday, April 11, 2010

Funny and our weekend update

Yesterday, while waiting in line at Texas Roadhouse I picked up the TK Magazine. (that's the Topeka, Kansas business Mag for all of you that don't already know) It's kind of a big deal. HAHA!
I found this article that made me laugh out loud, which, for this magazine, is
R-A-R-E.
Turns out it was written by a gal that Todd works with. Since I don't have anything exciting to share with you this weekend (hence no fence yet!) I thought I would post this funny. Here it is:
Not my Fault
I have figured it out.
I am NOT overweight!
I have been using a shampoo that claims it will provide "more body." Now, when I rinse my hair in the shower, the shampoo flows down all over me, and I am convinced that it is just living up to its advertised promise.
No, really. When I was a young woman, I always washed my hair over the sink and the shampoo never touched anything but my head. And I didn't have anywhere near this much body.
This is not my fault! Blame the shampoo industry!
Here is another one from the same magazine. 2 funnies from one, big huge boring magazine. I know! AMAZING!!
Ticked off
OK, I'm a little ticked off. Ever since I saw that Easy Button on TV, I have been searching everywhere trying to find one.
Who wouldn't want a button that would make life easier with just one push? Think what I could do with that. My office would be organized, my house immaculate and my kids would be perfect angles. But as far as I can tell, it isn't in stock anywhere. And I'm not the only one who's upset about this. Just the other day, I was trying to convince my 4-year old to pick up her thousands of Polly Pockets she had strewn across the living room. In her own diva way, he threw herself down on the floor and wailed, "I can't. It's too hard. I need an Easy Button!"



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a beautiful weekend! It's that time again where all the neighbors send their kids down to our house--i mean-- outside to play. This week we are scheduled to get a fence. It will be a 6 foot full privacy fence (only because I couldn't talk the guy into putting up a 12 foot one) and I am hoping for a little, bitty bit of peace. No more neighbors calling us to laugh about the fact that they know what we are watching on TV or kids waiting with their little noses pressed up against their back door WAITING on a light to pop on at our house so they can come over and play. This year we will actually be able to set up that big old water slide we bought and not have 22 kids all playing on it. I can also enjoy the hot tub with out KNOWING that I have a few set of eyes on me.

Don't get me wrong.....I do love the neighborhood but I do wish that my good old neighbors would understand that If karley has a "outside friend" over to play she really doesn't need 13 other little brats---er----kids there also. I am a bit concerned still though. When my celebrity neighbor was informed that we are putting up a fence he said, and I quote: "you know we will still be able to see you guys from our deck or upstairs windows, right?"

UMMMMMMM......creepy!

I replied with: "um.....okay. weird. (long pause) but now all the kids have to ACTUALLY ASK to come over and play which will be awesome."

What I should have said was: "oh damn. I was hoping i could now walk around the backyard completely naked but since you will still be watching me i guess i can't do that, huh??"

What a freak-job.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment