Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crazy and the Bachelor Finale

Only Crazy people talk to themselves.....Are you at all surprised that I happen to be one of them? Nope, me neither. Here is a very, very small sample of what i am talking about....

I have this ability of being able to tell myself to wake up at a certain time, and then actually doing it. If you tell me to wake up at 7AM--I'll wake up at 7AM, no alarm necessary. It's a pretty sweet super power to have actually--much better than throwing dust bunnies all over the place. (which I apparently have done around my house & have NO desire to fix it)

But here's the problem... even though I'm awake and aware that it's 7AM and that's the time that I said I WANT to get up--I've become very comfortable in my snugly warm bed. So, I open my eyes, push snooze and then debate if I really do need to get up now. Here's where the debate begins:

Me (talking to myself) "What if I fix Karley a bowl of fruit loops instead of waffles? That will buy me 10 minutes. If I serve her up the powdered doughnuts she can eat those on the go which buys me 10 MORE minutes! WOO HOO!"

Example #2-

"Since I got my new I-phone I am now able to check my e-mail and calendar on the go so that automatically buys me another 5 minutes. (thanks Todd!)

Most of the time I will spend 15 minutes trying to talk myself into styling my hair. (i heart ponytails--they just don't heart me!) Which is sad when you consider that on most days it only takes 15 minutes to get ready---that is showering, hair dried AND flat ironed and make up on. 15 MINUTES! However, since i spend 15 minutes laying in bed thinking about how i can get out of doing the above mentioned I am usually running late.....UGH!
Now, this story of talking to myself not only applies to dealing with how much more sleep i can score. It applies to almost all aspects of my life! Here's another example:

Me: (standing at the stove cooking tacos last week) I really, really, really hate fixing dinner. UGH!

Todd: (sitting in the living room) Um... are you talking to yourself again.

Me: "so, what's wrong with that? Shut up." hahaha

Then I go on....

Me: "Kel if you would just plan your menu for the week, you can have 20 minutes to play with karley after school instead of spending the time at 4pm wondering what's for dinner that night....

Todd: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Another Example: "How about if, just for this week, I go to the grocery store, list in hand with groceries for the week. Then spend some time on Sunday afternoon fixing dinner for the WHOLE week....Then I will surely have time to do fun things, right? " (And by fun things I mean sit on my butt in front of the TV!)


Me again: "HAHA. Dream on! DAMN-IT"


Yesterday I needed to get gas and go to the grocery store. I hate getting gas. I hate the grocery store. HATE IT. But that's another story.

There I was standing coat-less, glove-less in the F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G cold air (I am being dramatic so you really understand how sick I am of winter!) trying to find my stupid debit card with my useless, frozen fingers (and face). I knew it was in my wallet somewhere, but I have this horrible habit not putting things back into my wallet where they belong but instead finding the worst possible place to put it. I promised myself that since my Debit card is my most used piece of plastic, I will put it in the first slot as soon as I am finished with it. I will do this every time! Every time. (instead of shoving it into my coupon saver gadget that keeps my coupons I never, ever use because I always forget!) I really mean it. Ten minutes later there I am at the grocery store digging through my wallet again looking for that damn card.

Anywhoo! Enough about that. I am bitching entirely too much.

We had a great weekend. Jamie and Lola (her dog) came home to visit and Mr. Max loved having the other dogs to play with. He is finally starting to act like a puppy and is so much fun! I will post photos later because I am at work and don't have them here.

On Sunday I got a text that todd's mom was coming...in 20 minutes... so we rushed around picking up the house and then went to dinner with her. She went to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert in Kansas City and said it was awesome. I am so jealous! I will just set my I-pod to some Elton John while i workout today and pretend that I saw the concert too.

Tonight is the bachelor finale. I have not gotten into this one like i have the past. Maybe it is because I think old what's his face is a total doofis. But I will watch....and cheer on Minnie mouse (aka Tinlee). Who is your pick??

Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Confession: I wouldn't read your blog yesterday because it had 'Bachelor' in the title and my mom had already been a spoiler w/ who the winner was going to be. Gag me. I can't believe everyone thinks Jake is such a dork...I liked him. He made some strange choices (the worst of which was choosing V) but he made a good choice in making Ali live with her decisions. You know, I've kicked myself for watching such poor quality TV shows but I'm over that...real life is too depressing to not 'escape' it from time to time and live vicariously through other people's lives. (even if they are fake/scripted) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the ali thing and i wish they would just choose someone else for the next bachelorette. This whole spin off has gone on way too long! I did think Jake was a dork and this show (especially this season) was completely scripted...I am not sure I would have been happy if he chose Tinlee either...as the girls all said "she acts like she shits butterflies!" HAHA! Have you seen the movie Enchanted? She is the princess off of that for sure!
    You are also right that reality tv=trash but am i hooked also? YOU BET!!!!

    ReplyDelete