I missed the Thanksgiving "things I am thankful for" bandwagon....We did have a great Thanksgiving. It was relaxing which is always nice. Since I forgot to take some photos this year (oops!) I thought I would make my own list of things I am thankful for....This is in no particular order but here goes.
I am thankful for my endless opportunities....
My parents always told me to never settle. Even if I truly believe that I have everything I need and I think I’m happy, there is always so much in this world to take in. We have a choice to make and it whether or not we want to grab the opportunities life throws at us or watch others take it. I try to teach Karley that life is limitless. We have this pillow displayed in our house that says: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. It's a classic quote and it is so, so, so true.
My parents always told me to never settle. Even if I truly believe that I have everything I need and I think I’m happy, there is always so much in this world to take in. We have a choice to make and it whether or not we want to grab the opportunities life throws at us or watch others take it. I try to teach Karley that life is limitless. We have this pillow displayed in our house that says: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. It's a classic quote and it is so, so, so true.
I am thankful for Vacations...I am very lucky here.....we have been to several AMAZING places. I think the coolest part of it is that we travel as a family. My daughter is so lucky to be able to see so many amazing places and Todd and I can't imagine going without her. She is so much fun (and only little once!)
I am thankful for All the men and women who've served our country past, present, and future...Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I am very, very thankful for My amazing husband and daughter...There's nothing I wouldn't do for these two! They give me a reason to live, a reason to be a better person, and a reason to wake up before noon. :) I love you guys!!!
I am thankful for my group of friends who I can spend hours with gossiping or just hanging out. Here is one of my favorite quotes by Dr Seuss...Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind. :)
I am thankful that my husband works for such an amazing company that values family and is really, really good to us. He works for one of the rare companies that, if you are Willing to work hard, it will pay off for you.
I am thankful for my family who I would do anything for and I know I would get the same in return. I am very lucky to have a mom and sister I can call at 2 in the morning just to talk. I am pretty sure I wouldn't call my dad at 2am to talk but he is pretty super duper.
And last, but not least I am thankful that i have learned the value of discriminating between true friends, and acquaintances. What does this mean??? Well.....nevermind. :)
Karley has a Holiday Program this week so plan on seeing some really awesome photos later in the week.
I also want to give a shout out to Todd's BFF Sunni and her new (amazing) husband Curtis! We went to their reception a few weeks back and had an amazing time! Todd couldn't stop talking about how excited he is for her and how happy she was. My wish for you two is that you have as much fun as Todd and I have. Congrats and we love you!
Happy Holidays!
Wow, my very own shout-out? I love it! Thanks so much for making the trip and I'm so glad you guys had a good time...it was AWESOME to have you all there. (Sorry Miss Karley had to lose a tooth in the midst of it all, but hopefully it wasn't too traumatic). =) Love you guys!!! XOX
ReplyDelete