Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Garage door Mishap

I don't have a lot of time to blog today.  I just wanted to share a bit of a funny that happened to me today.  I have been so busy lately going 5,000 different directions and sometimes my ability to multitask goes a little wrong. 
Here's the story. 
I was rushing home to hide a stash of Christmas presents and try and make it to the school to pick Karley up.  I was grabbing the mail and talking on the phone and trying to wave to the neighbor all at the same time and BAM.  I drove right into the garage door.  I didn't even take the time to TRY and open it.  I just drove into it.  SO--my friend on the phone is freaking out, my neighbor was pretending he didn't see it and I was so stunned that I started laughing.  Not really laughing though....more like the laughing hysterically through tears type.  I quickly end the phone call with my friend and decide to back into the garage.  (why? I don't know.  I was delirious!) but after I backed into the garage and got myself together I called my friend back and went to close the garage door.  The damn door came down right on top of my car because I didn't get it backed in far enough.  I thought these things had sensors!  WTH???
I have spent most of the evening tonight trying to figure out how I am going to tell Todd.  Any other time I would have been able to skip some of the details but I KNOW my neighbor saw me and would rat me out.  :)
Last time I did something like this I told him that the door didn't open fast enough.  Or "I hit the refrigerator in the garage because my car was bigger than his."  None of this makes sense but he has been very patient with me in both of these incidences. 
Tonight when he called to say he was on his way home I decided I needed to tell him BEFORE he got here.
Here is how the convo went
Me: "Hey! I got some Christmas shopping done today! What a relief! I drove into the garage door too." 
TZ:  "Good.  Wait, What?"
Me: "What? What?"


  I was busted. Lucky for me he just made fun of me and all is good here in the Zimmerman household.  No major damage was done (except to my pride) and I have learned the lesson that I need to learn to SLOW DOWN AND TAKE MY TIME......the funny in this story? I preach this same moral to Karley all the time.   What a role model I am! SHEEEEESH.
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm cracking up, relating, and feeling bad for you all at the same time! (Sounds like you need a better garage door) =) LOL

    ReplyDelete