Quote of the day:
"One day your life will flash before your eyes.....make sure it's worth watching. "
Author Unknown
I love this one. I love good quotes!! I was looking through my computer files tonight because I knew that I had an old letter I could copy and send out to the parents in Karley's class about this upcoming auction we are having. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did find an OLD Christmas letter. I was reading through it and it made me smile. I remember writing it like it was yesterday. It was 2006. Hmmmm....time flies. I know it's not Christmas (yet) but I thought I would share it with you. Here goes:
I love this one. I love good quotes!! I was looking through my computer files tonight because I knew that I had an old letter I could copy and send out to the parents in Karley's class about this upcoming auction we are having. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did find an OLD Christmas letter. I was reading through it and it made me smile. I remember writing it like it was yesterday. It was 2006. Hmmmm....time flies. I know it's not Christmas (yet) but I thought I would share it with you. Here goes:
The secret to having it all is
Believing you already do.
I love this saying. It speaks to the heart of something I struggle with often. I have an internal nag of wanting just a little bit cleaner house. I have a desire to travel just a little more often. I have a need for just a little bit more of…well, everything. Maybe you are more grounded than I am. I truly hope that is the case. I am not proud of my shortcomings and regularly ask for forgiveness for them.
When I was thinking about this year’s Christmas letter, I realized how many wonderful moments we’ve had in 2006. Karley, now 3 ½ began another year of preschool with, in my opinion, one of the best teachers Children’s Day Out has to offer. Mrs. Mosier has taught her so many amazing things already it shocks me on a daily basis. She has mysteriously blossomed from a toddler into a “girl”. She dances, sings, plays hide & seek and loves to draw and paint pictures. She still has that devilish twinkle in her eye, but it seems to have somehow softened just a bit.
Todd is busy at Midway Wholesale but really enjoys taking Karley to dance class on Tuesday evenings and then out to dinner for a little daddy/daughter time. I am still working one day a week at the dentist office and feel very thankful that they allow keep this schedule so I can stay home with Karley the rest of the week. We have an absolute blast. My parents have taken over the operations side of KELLY EXPRESS and have been pretty busy day and night with that but always seem to find plenty of time for Karley, which is something we are all thankful for.
We flew to Aspen, Colorado for Thanksgiving to celebrate with my mom’s side of the family. Vicki & Ken very graciously invited us into their home for the holiday. It was beautiful in Colorado and reminded me of how much we all needed the mini vacation!!
However, Todd and I still manage to have everything we need and a lot of what we don’t. None of this really matters. What does matter is we have our healthy daughter and we get to see the world through fresh eyes everyday. Todd and I both are doing jobs we really enjoy and ones that make us feel important. We have friends who lift us up and fill us with abundant joy. We are blessed with family to share our lives with for as long as the Good Lord will allow it.
The secret to having it all is believing you already do. I don’t just believe it. I know it. My Christmas wish for you is that you know it too.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Todd, Kelly & Karley Zimmerman
That was fun! Now I have to get busy writing the letter I was originally looking for!!! Have a good night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment