School started off with a bang. It made me realize that maybe, just maybe, I should have spent some more time with homework-type things this past summer. WHEW! We are at the end of week 2 and Karley has already taken 7 tests and had a major spelling test. I am talking major. Words like constitution and habitat.....UGH.
On the flip side, since she has done the testing we are starting to see the results. She scored super high on reading. (no big surprise) and is doing very well in math (thanks to the hour each night of workbooks we have been doing at home to refresh) We are so proud of her.
Last night she started with this nasty cough and watery eyes. I am pretty sure it is allergies....she goes through this every year but this year is super horrible......After 4 hours of sleep last night due to coughing I sent her to school today groggy and medicated. MOTHER OF THE YEAR. I just kept thinking that it is too soon for her to miss a day this early in the school year and i am about 99% sure it is actually allergies. Turns out it was a good decision.....she had a major test in social studies and tons and tons of busy work that I am sure we would be doing all weekend otherwise. Second grade is hard work! I am shocked at the curriculum that our school has. When I talk to my friends who are in other school districts they are NOWHERE NEAR doing the amount of things we are. Is this a good or bad thing???? I sometimes wonder.
Karley is enrolled in dance 2 nights a week this year. She goes to hip-hop Monday night and Tap/Jazz/Ballet Tuesday night. She is loving it! I am happy to get it all out of the way early in the week. :)
Now, it's the weekend again. Todd had the worlds worst week at his job this week and is stressed to the max. I hate seeing him like that. It's very frustrating. People not paying attention to what they are doing, people not caring, people needing to leave to do crap they should do on their "off" time and just pure LAZINESS....the list goes on. When I ask him he says it's the same old sh*t and he wishes he had Joel back. Poor guy. :(
We lost (and found) our dog yesterday. The little crap got out from under the fence and took a stroll through the neighborhood where he found a couple of Much bigger dogs to play with. Our neighbors around the corner found him in their backyard pestering their dogs. Todd's job tonight is to put up more boards along the fence to try and keep the little booger in. Time will tell.
Hope you enjoyed the update! I will post some pictures soon. Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment