Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Birthday letter to my Daughter

To Karley:

Silly. Confident. Stubborn. Dramatic. Artistic. Life of the party. Talkative.
You are everything I wanted to be at your age. People flock towards you. There are days that I just sit and stare at you and I am so proud of the person you are today. Are you really my daughter? How is it possible?

Polite, bubbly, and beautiful.

I am so grateful for who you are. I am envious of your passion for life, your confidence, your ambitions. I want to bottle up your energy forever. You have taught me so many great things and opened up my eyes to a new world.
You make me laugh out loud when I look in the rear view mirror of my car as we are blasting the newest Taylor Swift CD and singing at the top of our lungs. I see you break out in song as your arms and legs start dancing and I smile at your honesty. You are always happy and I know how lucky I am.

BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BE SIX YEARS OLD!

How time flies. I remember when you were a few weeks old & all you could do was eat, sleep, poop and cry. :) I loved how I could hold & cuddle with you and although I really do miss those days---we are having so much fun now.
Fast forward six years, you are a vibrant and happy little girl. You have such a great personality & love of life. You are super funny (which I would love to believe is inherited from me) and you love running around & playing with your friends. I love how you are such a daredevil and you aren’t afraid to try new things.
But I think what I love most about you is the way you make me feel. You make me feel like a million bucks when you tell me that you think I am the most beautiful person in the world or just even when you say I love you or laugh. You are an amazing little girl.

Your dad and I are SO proud to be your parents.
Happy, Happy Birthday Karley

Love, Love,
Mommy (and Daddy!)

1 comment:

  1. All true. This is very, very sweet! Thanks for sharing ~ I have goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete