My new favorite song is "It won't be like this for Long" by Daruis Rucker. For me, this song makes me cry EVERY time I hear it. It is a snapshot of my life I swear. I think good old Darius wrote the song specifically for me. Seriously.
Here are the lyrics.
He didn't have to wake up--
He'd been up all night--
Laying there in bed listening to his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says "It's gonna be okay"
It wont be like this for long.
It wont be like this for long.
One day soon we'll look back laughing at the week we brought her home.
This phase is gonna fly by--So baby just hold on.
It wont be like this for long.
Four years later about four thirty She's crawling in there bed.
Four years later about four thirty She's crawling in there bed.
And when he drops her off at preschool She's clinging to his leg.
The teacher peels her off of him He says what can i do?
She says now don't you worry This will only last a week or two
It wont be like this for long. One day soon you'll drop her off And she won't even know your gone.
It wont be like this for long. One day soon you'll drop her off And she won't even know your gone.
This phase is gonna fly by If you can just hold on It wont be like this for long.
One day soon she'll be a teenager And at times you'll think she hates him
One day soon she'll be a teenager And at times you'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the isle And he'll raise her veil
But right now she up and crying
And the truth is that he don't mind
As he kisses her good night
And she says her prayers
He lays down there beside her until her eyes are finally closed
And just watching her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows
It wont be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be All grown up and gone
Yeah this phase is gonna fly by
He's trying to hold on
It wont be like this for long
It wont be like this for long
I would also suggest that you go to you tube and check it out. Honestly, it would be the best 3 minutes of your day. It's a great song. (sniff, sniff)
and, hell, while I am at it. I will throw in one that karley and I love to sing when we are together. (did i mention that we do this a lot?)
It's called The Best Day by Taylor Swift.
Here are the lyrics:
I'm five years old and it's getting cold
I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides
Look now the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home
I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today
I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop till I forget their names
I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today
i have an excellent father
His strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother
Inside and out he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and i had space to run
And I had the best days with you
There is a video i found from back when i was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lad in the whole wide world
Now i know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine
and I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say:
that i had the best day with you today
Happy Tuesday everyone.
thanks for sharing. i LOVE song lyrics! by the way, did you see Darius Rucker on Oprah yesterday? good stuff. Carrie Underwood, Sugarland and Kenny Chesney were all on...it was a good hour.
ReplyDeleteI did not see it! Damn! Did he sing my song?
ReplyDelete